Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Computer disaster narrowly averted

Note to self. My obsession with coffee should in future come no closer to my keyboard than blogging about it.

I was seriously depressed when I spilled my cappucino on my laptop earlier today and it stopped working for several hours. Fortunately it was OK once it dried out. What a relief.

Almost all of my work data is stored on servers managed by people whose actual paid job it is to worry about boring stuff like backups, and my personal data is regularly backed up to my local server, but it would still have taken me days to get a new computer and reinstall all of my software (I am to software what Imelda Marcos was to shoes).

Further note to self. Tommorrow revisit the backup strategy for software and system configurations.

No comments: