Monday, February 27, 2006

A preview of spring

It's been warm the last few days and forecast to get warmer tomorrow. It's a full on spring-skiing experience.

Day 48 of my 2005-06 season was a quick hit with our friend Leonie - basically a trip to the top of the mountain and back down again. I threw in an additional high speed circuit on the Christie Chair and Sitz / See Me while waiting for our ride.


Leonie was kind enough to treat us to dinner tonight at the 8th Street Steakhouse. The food was excellent, but I don't buy into the whole cook your own steak deal. Which part of "I don't feel like cooking tonight, let's eat out" do these guys not understand?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 8th street steakhouse is a place you have to be in the mood for. Me and a buddy ate there a month or so ago and had a good time drinking beer and grilling. I thought the steak turned out good too.

Steamboat Lion said...

I agree. I said to my wife at the time this is the sort of place where I would come with the guys so we could stand around the grill drinking beer- kinda like an indoor BBQ!