Sunday, February 12, 2006

A perfect February day

Today was perfect - well as perfect as a day can be when there's no fresh powder. It started out very cold this morning but by the time I headed out around noon the thermometer was pushing 32 F or O C which sounds cold, but with no wind and lots of sun is actually very, very nice.

I skied a lot of bumps today (Norther, BC Liftline, Rolex, Priest Creek Liftline, Storm Peak), along with a tree run (namely Twilight which I am really taking a liking to) and of course some groomers.

I was all done after 2 1/2 hours. I'm finding that as I ski more and my conditioning improves, I simply ski harder, so I'm just as tired after two or three hours as I was at the beginning of the season. Of course I've done a lot more.


In addition to the normal trail map, I'm adding a new pespective today. I've marked the runs I skied on a photo of the mountain taken from my study window. Of course it's only the runs you can see from here (you'll need to click the photo to enlarge it).

No comments: