Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Champagne

I had a late night last night, so despite setting the alarm for 6.30 am, I didn't get to the gondola until 9.15 where the line was surprisingly short for a holiday weekend. The snow report said three inches; I don't know what was going on, but it was a whole lot more than that, and with colder temperatures overnight it was true Champagne Powder to go perfectly with the bottle of French champagne Marie and I will open tonight to celebrate our 25th Valentine's Day together.

I started out with a run on Vertigo on the lower mountain which was nice, but the real powder fun came when I hit the trees; Shadows (best run of the day), 3:30 trees, 2:30 trees and Sundown Liftline.

By that point my legs were tiring and I skied a few runs in Wally World with some friends from DC, before hitting a very sweet Closet on the way home.

Here's today's track. 19,282 vertical ft (season total 1,020,736 ft) in 4:18.


To top off a perfect day, Steamboat's own Johnny Spillane won silver today in the Nordic Combined.

1 comment:

Aussie Rob said...

Dan,

Looks like you had a great V day skiing.

Regards to Marie.

Rob