Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another clinic

Today was the ninth of my ten local's clinics. I thought I'd reached the point where I'd got everything I was going you out of this process, but today I learnt something very useful. Not a major point, but something that helped me ski the bumps a lot better.

Jamie our coach decided to do some more video late today. Seeing yourself ski is a fantastic way of improving your skiing - otherwise you just don't know what it is you're doing wrong. I made two perfect turns and then, favouring my weaker and tiring right leg, caught an edge on me left (inside) ski and fell over. But at least it was one of those dramatic falls like we've been seeing at the Olympics this week where I slid down the hill a considerable distance. Of course I was going only about 20 miles an hour instead of a hundred, and I fell in several inches of fresh soft powder, but other than that it was exactly the same. At least it looked good on film!

Here's today's track. 12,222 vertical ft (season total 1,106, 511 ft) in 4:01 (a pretty slow pace but there's lots of standing around talking and analysing in a clinic).

No comments: