Thursday, August 18, 2005

Why not shoot them?

I'm watching on CNN right now live coverage of Israeli police trying to remove Jewish settlers who have barricaded themselves on the roof a synagogue in Gaza.

What I'm seeing is the settlers throwing rocks and wood at the police who are showing great restraint. What I'm wondering though is this. If it's appropriate for Israeli police and soldiers to shoot Palestinians boys who throw rocks, why aren't they shooting the settlers?

What's that? Did I hear you say it's not right to shoot people dead for throwing rocks? Hmmmm.

Pardon me Israel, but your moral relativism is showing.

Update: CNN is reporting that the settlers are throwing acid on the police. What do you think would happen if Palestinians did that? I have no doubt Ariel Sharon would label them terrorists.

No comments: