Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What does "RIPE" mean in Spanish?

I went to my local supermarket to buy an avocado and found a plentiful supply all beautifully displayed. This is one of the marvels of our modern economy - that in the middle of winter in a Colorado mountain town I can simply expect to be able to buy tropical fruits. But we take that for granted. What really caught my attention was that every single avocado had a sticker attached saying "RIPE".



Here's the thing - not one of them was even close to ripe. So unless "RIPE" means something else in Mexico where the avocados are grown, shame on you Safeway.

1 comment:

Grug said...

Howdy!

I stumbled across your blog while searching for fellow Brisbane Lions fans, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I am a rabid Lions supporter and will be posting plenty of stuff throughout the season.

Feel free to stop by!

- Grug (grugthinks.blogspot.com)