Sunday, January 10, 2010

Switch

I had to drop Marie and her mother and sister at the airport this morning for a short trip to Vegas and LA, so I didn't get out on the mountain until 1.30 pm.

It was another bluebird day and it's been a while since we've had fresh snow, so it was definitely a day for the groomers. I did some of my normal high speed carvers, but where it was flat enough I practised skiing switch (backwards) which we started learning in yesterday's clinic.

I think I mastered it turning right (or to my left since I'm facing backwards) but not so much turning in the other direction. I'll try again tomorrow and if I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong I'll have to give my instructor Jamie a call.

Here's today's track. 14,423 vertical ft (season total 484,761 ft) in 2:06.

No comments: