Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lower mountain

Today was one of the those unusual occasions when the lower mountain is the place to be. My first few runs on the top of the mountain were not good - the snow was hard and the visibility was poor. So I headed down below and spent the rest of the day riding the Thunderhead Express skiing Vagabond, Concentration and Vertigo which was the best run of the day - nice soft bumps and completely deserted. It remains my favourite spot on the lower mountain. I also swung by the Bashor race course to say hi to my mate Dave Willis who was working today - that's the price he's paying for a free ski pass.

It's been warm for the past week and we now desperately need some more snow, which fortunately is forecast for the next few days.

Here's the map of today's runs for a total of 16,228 vertical ft and a season total of 295,657 vertical ft (or 29.6% of my season goal of skiing one million vertical ft).

No comments: