Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Kiwis

I skied with some New Zealanders today - Liz and Rob from Wellington. It turns out Liz worked for my company until about three months ago (she now works for the competition but no hard feelings).

Today was leftovers from Sunday night's storm. The report yesterday morning said 8-10 inches, but I just couldn't get myself out of bed. I'm working on a big proposal right now and have been burning the candle at both ends and it just caught up with me. Although I probably would have managed if it had been true Champagne powder (which it wasn't because it was simply too warm).

So there was lots of tree skiing today. Closet, Twilight and the trees between Priest Creek Liftline and 3 O'clock (twice - does that make it 6 O'clock?)

Here's the map of today's runs for a total of 13,580 vertical ft and a season total of 309,237 vertical ft (or 30.9% of my season goal of skiing one million vertical ft). My legs feel like I skied a lot more than that today because it really is hard work skiing the heavy powder. But it still beats working!

No comments: