Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hot or cold?

Today was one of those days that it was cold, windy and grey at the top of the mountain but warm and sunny everywhere else, so it was hard to dress just right. But the snow was good enough to compensate for that minor inconvenience.

The 5 am report said six inches overnight at the summit, but if it was that much it was just barely. Certainly not enough to justify getting out of bed early, but still worthwhile. Again it was a day where the best skiing was to be found in the trees on the Priest Creek face - Closet, 3.30 trees and Twilight. I started out skiing like a dog on Pioneer Ridge, but by the time I got to my favourite spots I was really ripping it up.

Here's the map of today's runs for a total of 16,100 vertical ft and a season total of 372,085 vertical ft (or 37.2% of my season goal of skiing one million vertical ft).

No comments: