Saturday, March 25, 2006

Last day

Day 60. Another perfect spring day and my last day for the 2005-06 season. It was tough deciding what runs to ski for the last time for nine months. In the end my choices were largely dictated by the conditions - I spent the morning chasing the runs that had just the right amount of sun to be soft and friendly but not slushy.

Here's some stats on my season:
  • Total days skied: 60
  • Powder days: 19
  • Total vertical: 736,000 ft
  • Best day: Monday March 13
  • Lift pass cost per day skied: $15.42 (early purchase season pass at $925)
If you want to understand how to get around our mountain, look at this graph which divides my vertical by lift.

It's pretty simple really. Ride the Gondola in the morning and then circulate on Storm Peak Express and Sundown Express. Throw in the Pony Express on powder days.

Finally here's today's map. Now I can blog for a while on stuff other than skiing (warning, I'm just as obsessed about the Brisbane Lions)

No comments: