Friday, March 12, 2010

Powder bumps

Desipte the fact that I didn't hit the mountain until 10 am, there were plenty of lovely powder leftovers from yesterday, so I decided to take advantage of the powder bumps today. Here's today's track.


1. Norther - powder bumps
2. Storm Peak face right under the chair to skier's right of Tornado - more powder bumps
3. The Ridge to skier's right of Buddy's to Vortex - still more powder bumps
4. Sideburn to skier's left of Hurricane - even more powder bumps
5. The middle of Storm Peak Face to Twister - you guessed it, powder bumps
6. Closet to Lights Out - trees followed by powder bumps
7. Whiteout - humongous powder bumps which proved that nailing these bumps yesterday was no fluke, and was therefore the best run of the day
8. BC Liftline - yep, powder bumps which I skied surprisingly well considering how tired my legs were by this time.

I'm still not super smooth in big, hard, icy bumps, but otherwise I'm skiing the bumps really well which is something I've aspired to for a long, long time.

I woke up with a slight tickle in my throat this morning and almost didn't go out. I'm so glad I did. Of course I may be too sick to even get out of bed tomorrow, but that's another day as they say.

14,700 vertical ft today (season total 1,402,265 ft) in 2:16.

No comments: