Monday, March 08, 2010

Fog

The report this morning said two inches of fresh snow. All I can say to that is "don't buy land from the guy who took that measurement."

Today the mountain was shrouded in fog so thick and wet and cold that by the time I finished my first run down Buddy's the front of my jacket was coated in a thick layer of ice.

Combined with the spring hard pack, the total lack of visibility made it the sort of day when you only go out because you stupidly told the whole world that you are going to ski every day this season!

I did have a couple of good runs when the fog lifted for about 15 minutes; down Cyclone and lower Rainbow where the snow was still a little soft.

Here's today's track. I nearly called it quits after 30 minutes but in the end I managed 13,356 vertical ft (season total 1,348,421 ft) in 1:53.

No comments: