Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Steamboat to Morocco

Today's post is coming to you from the lobby of the Hilton Hotel in Rabat, the capital of Morocco. How do you get here from Steamboat Springs? Drive to Denver (3.5 hours), fly to Cincinnati with Delta (2.5 hours) transfer to another Delta flight to Paris (8 hours) and finally connect with an Air France flight to Rabat (another 2.5 hours).

My second time at Paris Charle de Gaulle Airport confirmed my initial impression from my previous visits in 2002 - it's completely disorganised in that uniquely French manner. But the food on the Air France flight from Paris to Rabat was excellent - such a contrast to the packet of peanuts you'd get on a similar flight in the US. As for Delta, well they seem to be really trying, but like all the US legacy carriers, they are so far off the mark in terms of service and amenities, that if this is their best effort I think they are ultimately doomed.

So I've added Morocco to my list of visited countries.


I've also added Kentucky to my list of visited states because "Cininnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport" (airport code CVG) is actually in Kentucky, not Ohio.

1 comment:

david said...

dan -

on your return trip, if it takes you through cincy again, be sure and make time for world-famous "cincinnati style chili."

gold star is okay, but if you can find a skyline in the airport, go with it. pretty much identical taste, but skyline is the original article, and gold star is just an imitator.