Thursday, February 15, 2007

Awesome powder day

We've been waiting a while for a really good powder day and today it arrived. The 7 am report said 10 inches at the summit and it's still snowing. There was only three or four inches at mid mountain so my first run down Vagabond was just a few inches on top of a groomed base. But once I got into the trees it was deep and largely untracked. So good that I tried Closet, Shadows, Kuus' Cruise, Twilight, 2.30 trees, 1.30 trees, Lights Out. Basically the whole Priest Creek face.

I also found some deep underneath the top of the Sunshine Chair and some nice stashes in the Wally World trees, but the really deep stuff was over at Morningside. It was so good I even hiked to the top to ski Wake Up Call. It was worth it - waist deep and steep and face shots all the way!

Here's the map of today's runs for a total of 25,232 vertical ft and a season total of 334,469 vertical ft (or 33.4% of my season goal of skiing one million vertical ft). That's my biggest day this season so far and in fact bigger than my biggest day last season.

No comments: