Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's back!

Today is opening day of the 2009-10 ski season in Steamboat.

It was cold early (9F/-13C) so I waited until mid morning when the sun had time to do its thing and it was a toasty 25F/-4C before heading out.

Only the Christie Express is running today and the only decent runs open were Vogue and See Me, so I did each once and then called it quits after a mere 38 minutes and 2,239 vertical ft, which was fine since I always intended to ease into the season. Even though I worked harder on my fitness this summer than in previous years, it's hard to fully cross-train for skiing; there are just some muscles you don't use for anything else.

The great thing about a season pass and living in a ski resort is you don't have to go flat out on day 1. There's always tomorrow (at least until the end of the season).

Word is the Gondola will open tomorrow.

Here's today's track.

No comments: